Incorporating

1300 880 992

Winter - Special Offer

Call 1300 880 992

 

Carbon Monoxide Testing for your home Only $88 plus GST For Peace of Mind...Do you want to keep your family safe from poisoning?

Carbon Monoxide is a silent killer – you can’t smell it, taste it or see it…

Did you know that 500 people die each year from carbon monoxide poisoning in their own home.

The State Minister for energy and resources in Victoria recently stated at Parliament House that

“…all Victorians should ensure that their gas appliances are regularly checked and serviced at least every two years by a qualified gas fitter.”

Image result for signs of carbon monoxide poisoning

How to check for a Carbon Monoxide leak:

Because CO is both odourless and colourless, it can be difficult to detect. Here are some signs that there may be a carbon monoxide gas leak, but we recommend getting a professional (such as us) to check your home regularly.

– pilot lights frequently go out or gas burners that turn a weird colour.


– hard surfaces attracting abnormal levels of dew, or windows gathering water (increased humidity can be a sign of a gas leak)


– soot accumulation around fireplaces and other fuel-burning devices


– flu-like symptoms such as dizziness, nausea, headaches, coughing fits, and other symptoms with people around the house

Landlord and agent responsibilities

The Residential Tenancies Act 1997 states that landlords and their agents must ensure that all rented premises are maintained in “good repair”. Included in this statement are all gas and electrical appliances that are provided by the landlord. It means that they must be kept safe to use and properly maintained.